Although, one’s choice, of the real estate professional, one hires, is, significant, the best results, are, only achieved, if/ when, the homeowner, proceeds, proactively, and takes 5 smart actions! Achieving the desired results, which, usually, is, selling one’s house, for the highest possible price, in the shortest period of time, with a minimum of hassle/ stress, requires planning, and communication, between the seller, and his agent! Only, when planned – teamwork, is thoroughly considered, and used, and the homeowner, understands, what his responsibilities, are, will the optimal results, happen! With, that in mind, this article will, briefly, attempt to consider, examine, review, and discuss, 5 important actions, which help, get the results, one desires.
1. Curb appeal (exterior): Paying attention to curb appeal, must be, more than, simply, empty rhetoric, and/ or, some, abstract ideas/ concepts! What, prospective, qualified buyers, see, gives them, a first impression, which, significantly, influences, their potential degree of consideration, for your home and property! Before, starting, gradually, approach your house, and look at it, as, a potential buyer, might. Commit to being, genuinely, objective, and addressing any potential weakness, proactively! Items, to address, related to essential aspect, including: using flowers, bushes, etc, to enhance the first – look; ensuring the area is neat, clean, and clutter – free; addressing any issues, related to the driveway, and front walkways/ paths; mowing lawns, and effectively, using mulch, etc; exterior areas, including appearance of concrete, foundations, paint, windows, screens, storm doors, exterior doors, etc.
2. Staging/ de – clutter: Many potential buyers are turned – off, when, they see, a house, full of clutter, and other distractions! Because, so many, often, are challenged, when it comes to, seeing things, as they may be, rather than, merely, are, from a cosmetic and/ or decorating perspective, it often is beneficial, to take advantage of, and hire, a professional, home – stager!
3. Thorough cleaning/ deodorized: To maximize potential interest, a smart homeowner, ensures, the house, is thoroughly, cleaned, and deodorized, prior to any showings, etc! In addition, every time, it is viewed, it must present as, being, neat, clean, clutter – free, and well – maintained!
4. Address all/ any potential distractions: You don’t want a potential buyer, to be negatively, distracted, especially, by some, easily addressed, potential distractions! Objectively, slowly, enter the house, and look around, in order to observe, anything, which fails to present, in a positive way! Also, ask for the input of the agent, you hire, so you are certain, to be, well – prepared, etc!
5. Accentuate strengths/ minimize weaknesses: How can you, accentuate the strengths of your home, and property, and get others, to pay much of their attention/ focus, to those areas/ items? In addition, what can you do, to minimize, potential areas of weakness? Accentuate the positive!
The key to homeowners, getting the best results, is, often, effectively, using teamwork, where the seller, and the agent, he hires, are, consistently, on the same – page! Since, for most, their house’s value, represents their single – biggest, financial asset, doesn’t that, make sense?Immobilienmakler Heidelberg Makler Heidelberg
Source by Richard Brody